Monday, July 2, 2007

A Dangerous Time of Year...

It was miles away but, I still could hear it. ....and so could my dogs. It was the unmistakeable sound of an exploding M-80. No amount of reassuring on my part could calm my dogs (who are more like my "children" to me).

"Strut", my high drive mini-Aussie seemed to be stressed the most. With a keen ear, she could hear blasts that occurred miles away. It upset her and it upset me that I could not calm her enough to go potty. The fact that it's against the law to explode fireworks is utterly useless since it's alright to buy and sell them. It disgusts me that lawmakers could leave a loophole big enough to fly the space shuttle through.

The only advice I can give is this: Beware and be aware. Firecrackers and fireworks explode all year long in my neck of the woods. The worst time is the entire summer with the two weeks surrounding Independence day reaching crisis level. I keep them on leash at all times especially in the afternoon and throughout the evening.

This summer, play it safe. Your dogs will be grateful.
Have a Happy and safe Independence Day holiday.

Good Luck and good racing!

.........Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment